Institute members progress faster and contribute more than those who don’t join their professional body.
- You gain much from the wider profession
- You contribute much into the profession
You are a member of an International organisation
As a member you can take advantage of the international scale of our Institute through:
- Global events such as our annual International Convention and our annual China conference
- Global special interest groups such as the Young Professionals, Women in Logistics and Transport and the Senior Network
- Networks of fellow professionals providing opportunities to link with people in similar positions and situations in the industry on best practice or business topics
Our training and education programmes are available both internationally & nationally and are accessible to all members.
Support your career progression by ensuring your employer understands your skills and experience through the use of our post nominals and your continuous professional development programme supported by the Institute.
As a member you can contribute to the transfer of best practice across economies and building professional networks globally. If your job has an international context then you can develop as a professional internationally and help others to do the same.
You are a member of an Institute that makes a national contribution
A wide range of benefits exist locally run by each Institute country. These vary by country but they often provide:
- links to new appointments and opportunities to change jobs
- news and bulletins in the country
- mentoring and support for career development
- libraries of information on the profession – both electronic and book based
- best practice and interest groups focused on particular sectors